Monday, May 21, 2012

We bought a house!

Well....we bought our first house! This is something Zach and I have wanted for a long time, and after we got our dog Bettie we decided that it was time to get serious.

One morning back in February I got an email with local housing listings, and there it was! A cute 1511 sq ft. 3 bed 2 bath home with a large back yard and a detached garage. And best yet it was right in our favorite neighborhood. My in laws were in town and insisted that we do a drive by of the house, and lucky for us it just happened to be having an open house that day. We found out that the house was actually a foreclosure and while it had enormous potential and was more than livable, it needed some work.

 Now if you don't know my husband and myself we are recently married and LOVE projects. My husband is the definition of Mr. Fix It. I swear there is nothing this man can't do! Now I may be slightly bias because he is my husband, but any crazy idea or undertaking I come up with he finds a way to make my ideas come to life. For example, one year for Christmas we decided to make hot sauce for the family, if your in our family you know that this idea quickly spread from not only hot sauce but to include BBQ sauce, chipotle sauce, jalapeno sauce, habenero sauce, seafood seasoning, Jamaican jerk seasoning, creole seasoning, chili mix, bloody marry mix and mango hot sauce. While Zach made all of these from scratch I made custom labels for each one involving a picture of a family member. Here is a picture of one (there kinda hard to explain!)


I'm only going into all this detail so that you know that while looking for a house we were not looking for something that was finished and ready to move in. We really wanted a project and a place that we could make our own. I am a very artistic and creative person. I am currently attending design school so I just couldn't wait to have an entire house to design however I wanted.

Well after a lot of back and forth and months in closing we have bought the perfect house for us! Here are some picture of the house before we moved in. We have been here for 3 weeks so far and have started many projects, finished none, but are very happy!

This blog was created for our friends and family so that they can follow what we're doing and watch as our home renovation progresses. If you do not know us personally I hope that you find this blog fun and maybe give you some inspiring ideas, but please know that we are not professionals and are learning as we go

so....enjoy the show!


Here are some pics of the house!



























2 comments:

  1. Meg! Love this. And love your hardwood floors! Can't wait to follow you in your renovation adventures! Yeah!

    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what else you've done.

    ReplyDelete