Monday, June 11, 2012




We have been so busy with our new home that I haven't had a chance to post some of the small changes we've made. I thought that I would take this chance to post some of the small projects that we have done over the last few weeks. Now Zach would probably not agree with the statement of "small" projects, but I just mean no walls were torn down.

There was a platform in our backyard that was built by the former owners for their hot tub. Now that the hot tub is gone we were just left with a 8' x 8' square wood platform that was falling apart. So Zach and I (mostly Zach) pulled the boards out and had them hauled away. We were then left with a 6" deep hole in the middle of the yard, so memorial weekend Zach rented a truck, picked up dirt and filled in the hole. Did you know that you can get free dirt on Craigslist? Well you can. Apparently there is an abundance of people just giving away their dirt. This was good for us cause who wants to pay for dirt? Not me.

Here are some pictures of the whole process, we have since seeded the dirt and have just started to see little baby grass coming up.








Another small project that I took on was to change out the knobs on my antique hutch. The handles that were on it were not the original ones. They were black, heavy and had a very Gothic feel. I wanted to lighten up the hutch, because it is a dark wood to beginning with, and I wanted to show off the art deco lines on the hutch. 



I love the new knobs! I think it simplifies the hutch and allows hand crafted beauty to come through.

Another change we made was to the kitchen, we bought off of Craigslist a diner booth and a old Wedgewood stove. They really add character to our kitchen. Eventually we will have a 50's diner style kitchen, for now these little details will help us enjoy our kitchen the way it is.





So these were just a few little changes that we have made since we moved in. We have our first big project coming up so stay tuned!


Oh....Bettie wanted to say hi!






1 comment:

  1. i can't believe how much difference the knobs make. WOW! looks great! what's with Bettie? she looks... um... HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete